Public Health Emergency Preparedness
Elizabeth Lueck, Program Director
Cochise Health & Social Services PHEP program is currently a grant funded program, and responsible for community outreach, preparedness planning, and exercising. In order to ensure a rapid and coordinated response to public health threats or emergencies in Cochise County, this program prepares specific plans which include various topics stretching from Pandemic Influenza, Risk Communications and the Strategic National Stockpile. The Program places an emphasis on coordinating with regional public health partners, local emergency response agencies, and community stakeholders in preparing for local emergencies through training and education and by exercising preparedness plans. This grant year the PHEP program is responsible for the following objectives:
Main Objectives for 2011-2012
- Establish interoperable communications with heatlh care partners and provide a communications assessment.
- Prepare protocols to track evacuees or exposure victims in the event of a disaster such as nuclear detonation.
- Provide timely guidance to support health care partners in the event of a disaster.
- Coordiante non-pharmacological intervention during a communicable disease outbreak.
- Maintain epidemiological and surveillance investigative practices in order to tabulate communicable diseases and track trends.
- Participate in all state required exercises and drills and establish an emergency notification system for Cochise Health & Social Services staff.
To contact us you can call 1-800-423-7271 toll free, or you can call 520-432-9430 during normal business hours.
How To Prepare For A Public Health Emergency
The PHEP Program wants the citizens of Cochise County to be prepared for an emergency or disaster. Most people don’t like to think about disasters or emergencies, but being prepared can make all the difference. Each family has similar needs when it comes to preparation. There are numerous resources available to get emergency preparedness information. Below are just a few which we recommend to the residents of Cochise County. Just click on the links below to view or download the information.