Terms & Conditions/Procedures
BEFORE YOU BUY:
- All units/parcels will be sold on an "as-is" basis. The Cochise County Board of Supervisors strongly recommends that all persons interested in the subject units/parcels become knowledgeable about the laws and the basic zoning requirements applicable to those properties. Contact the Cochise County Planning Department at 520-432-9240 to determine basic zoning requirements applicable to said units/parcels. Units/parcels failing to meet applicable zoning regulations may be ineligible for building permits.
- No warranties nor representations are made as to property conditions, including, but not limited to availability of water, utilities, irrigation, sewers, access, ingress, street or road maintenance, zoning, suitability for building, flood plain status, or any other physical characteristic relating to the property.
- Certain title companies may, at their discretion, refrain from offering title insurance for these properties in connection with a re-sale. Potential buyers are advised to consult with their title companies or legal advisors regarding this issue.
- A one-time $75 administrative fee, per buyer, will be added to the bid amount, regardless of the number of properties being bid upon.
BID SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING:
- Bids will be accepted by mail or in person:
- Bids must be submitted to the Board of Supervisors Office at 1415 Melody Lane, Bldg. G, Bisbee, AZ 85603.
- Interested persons should obtain a bidder form online, or from the Board Office.
- Complete the bid form, including the name to be placed on the deed and the type of ownership for recordation purposes.
- The bid offer can be no lower than the minimum bid stated on the unit/parcel list.
- A check for the bid and a separate check for the administrative fee must be enclosed.
- Types of payments accepted are cashier’s check, money order or personal check. Cash payments will be accepted only if paid in person at the Board of Supervisors Office. Do not mail cash.
- No telephone bids will be accepted.
- Upon receipt of a bid on a parcel or unit, the bid offer will be placed on the next available regular Board of Supervisors meeting agenda. If multiple bids are received on the same parcel in an OTC situation, all bids will be opened and the highest bidder will be will be presented to the Board for approval. If two or more bids for the same parcel are received for the same amount, the bid received first will be presented to the Board for approval. All bidders will be advised of the meeting date via e-mail or by phone, using the contact information provided by the bidder on the bid form. At the meeting, the Chairman will announce the first offer received for each parcel or unit and ask if there are counter offers. Counter offers will only be accepted in increments of $25 or more above the current bid. You may wish to attend the meeting in case there are counter offers. If so, you will be given an opportunity to increase your bid amount.
- Successful bidders will receive a deed for the parcels within 60 days, after they have been recorded and funds have cleared the bank. The Cochise County Property Tax Deed Bid form must be completed with the name and type of ownership requested (sole ownership, etc.) for the purpose of recordation of the deed. Certain types of ownerships also require the filing of a notarized statement. Deeds will be issued in the name(s) listed on the registration form only, no split deeds. If submitting an offer in person, and if all persons who need to sign the forms are present, the form may be notarized at our Office between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.