Clerk of the Board

The Clerk of the Board of Supervisors is a County officer with functions and duties outlined in Arizona State Law. The Clerk is responsible for the preparation and preservation of Board of Supervisors meetings agendas and minutes, for the permanent record of the County. The Clerk is responsible for documents received and generated by the Board of Supervisors and also has various statutory responsibilities related to Board actions and duties. The Clerk is also the Special Districts Coordinator.

Special Taxing Districts

Special taxing districts are established under Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 48, as political subdivisions of the state. They are governed by an elected board.

Special Districts are separate entities and are not a part of Cochise County.  Questions should be addressed directly with the Special District.

Additional statutory information is available at the Arizona State Legislature

District Process

The process to create a district is citizen-driven. Property owners are encouraged to talk with their neighbors to determine the level of support for a proposed district. 

For a Special District to update contact information/governing board member name, please email the Clerk of the Board.


Bingo Licenses

Bingo license information and applications are provided by the Arizona Department of Revenue. The County's fee for processing bingo licenses is $50 per application.

Liquor Licenses

Liquor license applications are provided by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control. The County's fee for processing liquor licenses is $100 per liquor license application. Special event liquor licenses are processed at no charge.

Tax Deed Land Sale

The Cochise County Tax Deed Land Sale auction is typically held in late summer or early fall.  Sign up to receive email updates about Tax Deed Land Sales by submitting your name, email address, and phone number via email to the Clerk of the Board.

Franchise Applications

Franchise Applications (PDF) are processed through the Clerk of the Board’s Office.

Complete the Franchise Application for new Franchise Applications, Franchise Amendments, or to renew an existing Franchise.  All Franchise Applications must be accompanied by a $500 application fee (check payable to Cochise County) and a legal description of the area to be included in the Franchise.  

Note: For new Franchises only, a right-of-way permit is required through the Engineering and Natural Resources Department.

Uniform Video Service License Application and Affidavit

Uniform Video Service License Applications and Affidavits (PDF) are processed through the Clerk of the Board’s Office.  (Pursuant to Title 11, Chapter 14, Arizona Revised Statutes)

Complete and submit the Application and Affidavit for Uniform Video Service License, with an exact description of the Service Area, via mail to the Clerk of the Board at 1415 Melody Lane, Building G, Bisbee, AZ, 85603 or via email to