Requesting Copies of Court Documents

Documents available include criminal records, marriage licenses, divorce case records, civil case records, probate and guardianship case records, and certain naturalization records from February 1881 to the present day. The Bisbee office has most records available onsite in either electronic, paper, or microfilm formats, but the selection at the Sierra Vista office is limited. Documents are usually, but not always, available the day the order is processed. You will be notified if your request requires additional time. 

The availability of certain older records may be limited. We do not maintain court records for the Justices of the Peace. Please contact the appropriate Justice of the Peace court for those records. Court transcripts (word-for-word records) can be obtained from the Court Reporter who covered the proceeding.

If you need the Court Reporter's contact information, please call Court Administration at 520-432-8500.

Request Online

Select the appropriate category and complete the required fields and as much additional information as possible. You don't have to provide a case number, but you must provide the names of both parties and an approximate date. Once submitted you will receive a confirmation number, but your account will not be charged until your order has been processed and the clerk receives authorization of account information. You may order online and pay with a debit or credit card.

Clipart of two credit cards

Pay Online at LexisNexis VitalChek

Request By Mail

Print and complete the Court Records Request Form. Instructions for mailing and payment are included in the form. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS. We must receive payment in the form of a cashier's check or money order before processing your request. For pricing, please call 520-432-8635.

No Computer?

Write a letter detailing your request. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a cashier's check or money order for the appropriate amount. Mail to:
Clerk of Superior Court
Attention: Research
P.O. Drawer CK
Bisbee, AZ 85603

For pricing, please call 520-432-8635.

Government Agencies

There is no charge for requests by most government agencies. These requests should be made by fax unless there is a prior arrangement. Please fax your government agency cover sheet addressed to, Attention: Research, to 520-432-8639.