Prepares, administers, and conducts federal, state, and local elections in accordance with, and not limited to, the Arizona Revised Statutes, the Secretary of State's Procedure Manual, the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), and other applicable laws and regulations. The department also provides contract election services and assistance to cities within the County and special districts (school districts, fire districts, sanitation, road improvement, hospital, water districts, and the community college district).
To professionally perform the duties of the Elections Department with integrity, a spirit of innovation, accessibility, transparency, and efficient use of taxpayer resources while emphasizing outstanding customer service and maintaining professional election standards. The Director is an appointed official who reports to the County Administrator.
Voter Registration (new registrations and changes) is managed by the Cochise County Recorder. To register to vote or to request an early ballot email the County Recorder at call (520) 432-8358 or 1-888-457-4513.
Access Year-End Financial Disclosure Filings for:
Interested in becoming a Precinct Committeeman (PC) in Cochise County? Download the form, fill it out, sign it, and scan or email it back to your County Party Chairman for processing. Cochise County cannot accept these forms directly, they must come through, and be signed by the PC applicant and the County Party Chairman. Do not return this form to the Elections Department.
Libertarian or Green Party, contact your State Party Chairman. Questions? Call the Elections Department at 520-432-8970.
Campaign Finance Forms
- Committee Statement of Organization (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Report Filing Deadlines (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Reports (PDF)
- Committee Termination Form (PDF)
- Az Secretary of State Candidate Campaign Finance Handbook
- Az Secretary of State Political Action Committee Finance Handbook
- Kenneth Curfman, Justice of the Peace Precinct 5
- Ruth Faulkner, Superior Court Division 1
- Raymond Haight, Superior Court Judge Division 1
- Amy Hunley, Clerk of the Superior Court
- Philip Leiendecker, Assessor
- Friends of Sandy Russell, Superior Court Division 5
- Bruce Staggs, Justice of the Peace Precinct 3
- David Stevens, Recorder