Family Conciliation Court
Notice of Fee Change Effective October 1, 2023
Pursuant to A.R.S. §25-355, each person who attends the educational program required by the court pursuant to section §25-352 may be required to pay to the Clerk of Superior Court a fee not to exceed fifty dollars that covers the cost of the program. The Cochise County Superior Court will increase the parent education program fee from $30 to $50, effective October 1, 2023.
The Family Conciliation Court provides:
- Conciliation Counseling - Conciliation Counseling is conducted by a licensed marriage and family therapist for spouses who are experiencing an ongoing conflict, which might lead to divorce or separation. Conciliation counseling helps spouses take time out to give thoughtful consideration to either reconcile or end a relationship.
- Mediation - Mediation is provided to parents with minor children, involved in disputes concerning divorce, legal separation, paternity, or post-decree matters, with the goal of determining legal decision-making and parenting time.
- Parent Information Program - Pursuant to ARS §§25-352, both the petitioner and the respondent must attend and complete the domestic relations education of children's issues class (parent information program).
Forms can be found at the Superior Court Self-Help Center.
Parent Information Program
Pursuant to ARS §§25-352: In an action for divorce, annulment, legal separation, paternity, and in some post-decree actions involving a minor child common to both parties, parents are required to attend and complete a Domestic Relations Education of Children's Issues Class (Parent Information Program).
The Parent Information Program is not a parenting skills class. The purpose of the course is to educate parents about the impact of divorce and separation on children, the importance of continued involvement of both parents after family restructuring, as well as the effects that conflict and court involvement can have on the lives of children and families. The class will provide you with information that can help minimize the stress and harmful effects upon you and your children in what can be a very difficult time in your lives.
Online Parent Education Class
If you do not remit payment you will not receive the materials needed for the Parenting Class. Please submit a $30 payment with the Clerk's Office in Bisbee or Sierra Vista. You may also submit payment by logging on to Point and Pay. You cannot register for or attend the class until the fee is paid.
All in-person parent education classes have been canceled until further notice.
If you need to reschedule a class after you have registered, please call 520-432-8485.
To attend the Parent Information Program, pre-registration is required. There is no walk-in registration at the class site. The items following applies:
- To register you must have a Superior Court case number.
- Payments will not be taken by the instructor.
- Bring to class a photo I.D., your Superior Court case number, and a pen.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before class time. Once class starts, late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
- No children are allowed in the class or the lobby of the courthouse.
- Only those who have registered for the class may attend.
- No food or drink is allowed except for water.
- You must attend the entire class to receive a Certificate of Completion
Special Needs & Interpreter
If you need an interpreter or require special accommodations due to a disability, please call 520-432-8485 when registering for the course. All course materials are offered in both English and Spanish.