Within the scope of the Arizona Revised Statutes and in collaboration with state and local agencies, the Cochise County School Superintendent's office provides guidance, advocacy, programs, and services that support Cochise County Schools.
Our responsibilities include:
- Preparing payroll and expense checks for twenty-one districts
- Coordinating special events like the County Spelling Bee and the Education Exhibit at the County Fair
- Providing professional development for teachers and other school personnel
- Overseeing school governing board elections and appointments, bond and override elections
- Filing Homeschool affidavits and teacher certificates
- Maintaining a Homeschool library
- Overseeing the jail education program for juveniles
County "Dropout Recovery" Accommodation School
Collaborating with GradSolutions, LLC to form a County "Dropout Recovery" Accommodation school. This will potentially help reduce our Opportunity Youth rate (see Expect more Arizona) which is currently at 13% (our goal is 7%) and helps our schools. Opportunity youth are 16 to 24 year olds not going to school or working.
GradSolutions have also donated 10 Chromebooks to our County Education center. Thank you! We will use these devices for general education development (GED) preparation or online education for our students who are released from the jail or detention center. Did you also know that we are now a GED testing site for our jail/detention center students? Everyone should have a second chance and we love all of our students.