WIC Supplemental Nutrition Program
Your family has you, you have WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)! Do you:
- Need breastfeeding information and support?
- Need a little extra help purchasing healthy foods for your family? Have nutrition questions or concerns about your picky toddler, preschooler, or fussy infant?
- Want information about community resources for you and your family?
- Want to ensure a healthy pregnancy?
If you answered yes to any of these questions the WIC is for you!
Appointments & Eligibility
All WIC services are now being conducted remotely by phone or virtually online. Please keep your WIC appointment by calling your local WIC office at your scheduled time or call to make a new appointment. To find out if you are eligible visit the Arizona Department of Health Services website or call your local WIC office.
- All Cochise County locations offer WIC services: Cochise County WIC Office/Clinic Locations
- WIC Eligibility
Arizona WIC Program Offers:
- Health Assessment and Monitoring - including growth assessments for infants and children, health and environmental screenings, nutritional assessment.
- Participant-Centered Education - including individualized nutrition goal-setting, breastfeeding education and support and referrals to community resources
- Nutritious Foods - WIC Food Lists
Are you having a difficult time finding WIC formula in stores due to the nationwide formula shortage? We’ve compiled a list of resources to help keep you informed and help you better navigate through this time. Cochise County WIC program can help you find the assistance you need!
The Cochise County WIC Program is providing alternative brands like Enfamil/Mead Johnson and Gerber/Nestle in place of Similac/Abbott formula products until the formula shortage is declared over by the governing authorities. See the chart below for examples of alternatives.
Call your local WIC office for assistance with switching to an alternative formula for your family’s food benefits. WIC provides professional support in the areas of breastfeeding, nutrition, and supplemental food benefits for eligible families.
To enroll in WIC, call your local WIC office today to see if you qualify!