What is a CCHC?
Child care health consultants (CCHCs) work with child care centers, home-based providers and preschools to promote safe and healthy learning environments for young children and staff.
CCHCs are health professionals who provide expert guidance and technical assistance on a wide range of health and safety topics. They can also provide expert resources to assist programs in serving children with special health needs.
The role of CCHCs
Child care health consultants support early care and education programs by:
- Providing on-call support, in-house trainings and helpful resources
- Promoting health and safety best practices
- Offering responsive, customized assistance
- Providing information for families and referrals to additional health resources in your community
- Assisting in creating health and safety policies
- Building supportive relationships
- Working as a team with child care programs, families, local public health agencies, child care resource and referral agencies, and more
Specific topics that a CCHC can assist with
- Safety and injury prevention
- Nutrition and physical Activity
- Infection control and hand washing demonstrations
Please call (520)346-1180 to speak with a Child Health Care Consultant.