Data and Reports
In 2013, Cochise Health and Social Services (CHSS) completed their first Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP), with technical and funding support from the Arizona Department of Health Services. Building on the 2012 assessment, CHSS embarked on a collaborative approach to conduct the 2016 assessment, partnering with the Legacy Foundation of Southeast Arizona, Benson Community Hospital, Copper Queen Community Hospital and Northern Cochise Community Hospital to bring together residents and community leaders, nonprofit and social service agencies, governmental institutions, and federally qualified community health centers to harness their collective resources, energy and expertise to identify and prioritize the major issues threatening the health and well-being of Cochise County residents.
Primary and secondary data were collected and reviewed, including county-specific Medicaid utilization data. The community themes and strengths were assessed by conducting a survey of more than 2,400 community residents, health system partners, and other health and social service professionals. To understand the forces of change in Cochise County, a series of webinars was conducted with key informants representing major communities of interest including education leaders, elected officials and health care providers. A fourth webinar was held for key informants representing vulnerable populations that often experience greater health disparities including the elderly, border health experts, domestic violence advocates and LGBTQ advocates.
Through this assessment and data collection process, three community health priorities surfaced. These priorities are supported by the data, and they were echoed by community members and public health professionals.
- APPENDIX 1 HCCoalition 2018 Partnership List
- APPENDIX 2A CCHCI - 2018 Needs Assessment
- APPENDIX 2B First Things First Cochise Report 2017
- APPENDIX 2C UofA CE 2018 NPA Report
- APPENDIX 2D Emergency Depts- 2018 Top10 Discharge Diagnoses
- APPENDIX 3 Access to Health Care Focus Groups compiled response
- APPENDIX 4-Behavioral Health Provider List
- APPENDIX 5 Survey Research References
- APPENDIX 6A SURVEY TOOL - English
- APPENDIX 6B SURVEYTOOL Spanish
- APPENDIX 7 Access to Health Care Survey 2018 compiled results
- APPENDIX 8 CVMC Strategic Goals-2018
- APPENDIX 9 CCHCI Recruitment Retention 2018
- CHA CHIP 2018 Update Progress Report