Can you sell or mail a copy of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) to me?

For a fee, a photocopy of a portion of the appropriate FIRM can be mailed upon request. Such maps identify the type of flood zone for every area in the County. The flood insurance rates are then based on those flood zones. An 8 1/2 by 11 copy of the pertinent portion of the FIRM will be sent to you free of charge, upon written request.

However, we do not have extra FIRM maps at our office. For further information contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-358-9616 or visit the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map for Cochise County online.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Floodplain on my property? There is no wash!
2. There is no wash on my property, why am I still in the Floodplain?
3. Why am I in a floodplain and my neighbor is not?
4. Who put my property in the floodplain? How do I get it taken it out?
5. What are the residential structure elevation requirements?
6. What are the minimum erosion or building setback requirements?
7. What is a primary bank?
8. What will happen if I choose to not build in compliance?
9. Can you sell or mail a copy of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) to me?
10. If I give you my Tax Parcel Code number over the phone, or come in, can you give me the information right away?
11. Can I have a copy of the Floodplain Regulations?
12. What is an Elevation Certificate, and where do I get one?
13. How do I get a copy of an Elevation Certificate that has already been submitted to the County?
14. I think somebody has done something upstream of my property to cause additional flooding on my property. Can the County figure out why?
15. Why is there so much water on my property? It seems to be increasing. What is happening?
16. I wasn't in Floodzone A when I built my house but I am refinancing and my lending institution says I am now. What happened?
17. I don't want to be in the floodplain and have to pay flood insurance. What can I do?