I sold my property but I received the tax notice. What should I do?

Return the notice to the Cochise County Treasurer's Office:

P.O. Box 1778
Bisbee, AZ 85603

Include a note that the property has been sold. Also list any known information such as the name of the new owner or the date of sale. It is also helpful to advise the Treasurer if the new owner lives at the same address. This helps get the tax notice to the new owner as fast as possible.

The Assessor's office is responsible for listing ownership as well as values. This office works on a two-year cycle and has many cut-off dates to process changes; therefore not all sales are reflected on the tax notice. Contact the Assessor to verify that a record of your sale has been received or to verify the Assessor's timeline for changes.

Show All Answers

1. When will I receive a tax notice?
2. When are property taxes due?
3. I have a mortgage. Will you send my mortgage company a notice?
4. What should I do if I did not receive my tax notice?
5. I sold my property but I received the tax notice. What should I do?
6. I own a mobile home. Why did I get two tax notices?
7. How can I make my payment? Can I use a credit card?
8. Where should I send my payment?
9. To whom should I make my check payable?
10. If I am unable to pay my taxes at this time, can I make partial payments?
11. Where is the Treasurer’s office located?
12. What are the Treasurer’s office hours?
13. How do I change my address?
14. How do I apply for widow exemptions or other exemptions of taxes?
15. How do I change the ownership name on real property?
16. What is a parcel number?
17. What time period do taxes cover?
18. How are property taxes determined?
19. What is State Aid to Education?
20. What if I think my taxes are too high?
21. What happens if real property taxes become delinquent?
22. When is the tax lien sale?
23. What happens when personal property tax is delinquent?