What Are Your Office Hours?

Regular office hours for both the Sierra Vista and Bisbee Clerk Offices are Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please be aware that the customer service windows cannot accept any payments after 4:30pm. 

What Are the Courtroom Rules?

The Courtroom is a hallowed place. Rules govern every aspect of the Court, including proper etiquette. The Court may not issue any warning and therefore violators may be removed from the courtroom.

  • No talking while court is in session 
  • No small children allowed in court 
  • No hats or bandanas 
  • Turn off cell phones and other electronic devices 
  • No food or drink 
  • No talking to defendants in custody 
  • No shorts or tank tops 
  • No sleeping
  • No sunglasses unless they are medically necessary
  • No expletives

How Much Do I Owe in Fines, Fees, or Restitution?

All finance-related questions should be directed to the following e-mail: CochiseFinanceClerk@courts.az.gov.

Alternatively, you can call 520-432-8600 and select Option #3 to speak directly with the Finance Clerk.

How Do I Get a Marriage License?

A marriage license can be obtained from either the Sierra Vista Clerk’s Office or Bisbee Courthouse from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.  Both parties must be present, with a picture ID.  The cost is $83.00 (no personal checks).  The Superior Court will not perform the ceremony; you must find your own officiant.

Marriage Licenses
Arizona Revised Statutes Title 25 - Marital and Domestic Relations

Where Do I Get Jury Duty Information?

All jury information is found on our Jury Duty Information page. Alternatively, you can call 520-432-8577 or toll-free 888-212-7072 (Northern Cochise County).

How Do I Get a Passport?

You can get a new passport from either the Sierra Vista Clerk’s Office or the Bisbee Courthouse from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.  All parties applying for a passport must be present with picture, picture ID and a check or money order is to be made out to the U.S. Department of State (total amounts can be combined on one check for families).

There are two separate fees. 1) Each passport application has a $35.00 execution/processing fee and must be paid to the Clerk of the Superior Court.   2) The separate passport fee must be either a check, money order or cashier's check made payable to the  U.S. Department of State.

View passport fees on the PASSPORT FEE SCHEDULE

What do I need to bring with me?

A:  You will need:

  1. Your completed DS-11 application(s) (one can be obtained online at the U.S. State Department Website, the U.S. Post Office or from the Clerk’s Office), which must be filled out in black ink only.DO NOT SIGN it until you are sworn in by the Clerk.

  2. Your pictures, which can be obtained from anywhere passport pictures are issued (i.e. Walgreens, etc.)

  3. All necessary documents – expired passport, birth certificate (original or certified), and picture ID (driver’s license, etc.). Original birth certificates will be returned to you.

NOTE:  Renewal of expired passports under 5 years old (15 years from issue), must be done by you, the applicant.  You can get the DS-82 application(s) from the same locations as previously mentioned.

How Much Are the Fees?

Filing Fee Schedule

Passport Fee Schedule

We accept cash, credit card (Point and Pay fee applied - link to Point and Pay site), business check or cashier’s check.  No personal checks are accepted.

How Can I Get Copies of Filed Documents?

Copies of documents can be requested through our Research Office.  

Research Office Hours:

Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays, except government holidays.  The research specialist’s normal hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please call ahead to ensure that the record you need is available. The Bisbee office has most records available on site in either electronic, paper or microfilm formats, but the selection at the Sierra Vista office is limited. Documents are usually, but not always, available the day the order is processed. You will be notified if your request requires additional time.

What Is the Policy For Getting Copies of Signed Orders?

Signed copies of orders will be provided to the party that filed the proposed order. The filing party is responsible for distributing conformed copies of the signed order to all other parties in the case. If we have an email address on file, we will email the signed order to the filer. If you would like a conformed copy mailed to you, you must provide an additional copy of the proposed order and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

The Clerk's Office distributes minute entries and other court-generated orders to all parties.

How do I become a Private Process Server?

For information about the becoming a Private Process Server, please visit Private Process Server (azcourts.gov).