In Cochise County, all public records requests are coordinated through the County Attorney’s Office and all requests may be completed and submitted online by completing the form below.
** This does not include court records.**
For all requests regarding Court records, please go to: https://www.cochise.az.gov/clerk-superior-court/requesting-copies-court-documents
Assessor, Recorder, Sheriff and Treasurer requests can be made by contacting their respective offices directly.
Fees - Black & White Photocopies, Scanning, PPDF doc, conversion $0.30 each, Color photocopies $0.35 each, Disk $6.00 each/$10.00 each - County's budget, plus postage (first-class mail)
- If the request is for non-commercial purposes, only the first portion of the form should be completed.
- Any person may request to examine or be furnished copies, printouts or photographs of public records during regular office hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday).
- To request inspection and/or copies, printouts or photographs of public records, please complete the top portion of this form. Please be specific so that the records can be easily identified.
- The County will charge $0.30 cents per page for black & white copies, which is approximately equal to the cost of reproducing the requested material. Such amount should be paid prior to the receipt of materials.
- If the request if for commercial purposes, please fill out the entire form.
- A "commercial purpose" is the use of all or part of a public record for the purpose of:
- sale, or resale;
- producing a document for sale;
- obtaining names and addresses from the record for the purpose of solicitation
- selling names and addresses from the record to another for the purposes of solicitation or other monetary gain; or
- any other purpose in which the purchaser can reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of such public record.
Commercial purpose does not mean the use of public record as evidence or as research for evidence in an action before a judicial or quasi-judicial body.
- Charges for a commercial request shall include:
- A portion of the cost to the County of obtaining the original or copies of the documents, printouts or photographs to be reproduced.
- A reasonable fee for the cost of time, equipment, and personnel in making the copies, and
- The value of the reproduction on the commercial market.
WARNING: Arizona Revised Statutes §39-121.03(C) provides: A person who obtains public records for commercial purpose without indicating the commercial purpose or who obtains a public record for a non-commercial purpose and uses or knowingly allows the uses of such public record for a commercial purpose or who obtains a public record for a commercial purpose and uses or knowingly allows the use of such public record for a different commercial purpose shall in addition to other penalties be liable to the state or the political subdivision from which the public record was obtained for damages in the amount of three times the amount which would have been charged for the public record had the commercial purpose been stated plus costs and reasonable attorney’s fees or shall be liable to the state or political subdivision for the amount of three times the actual damages if it can be shown that the public record would have not been provided had the commercial purpose of actual use been stated at the time of obtaining the records. Furthermore, if a false statement is given, the requester may also be guilty of a felony. A.R.S.§39-161.