**** Click Orange "MENU" Button For More Options ****
ALL IN PERSON PARENT EDUCATION CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ON-LINE CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE, PLEASE REGISTER BELOW
The FAMILY CONCILIATION COURT provides conciliation counseling, mediation, parent education.
Conciliation counseling is conducted by a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist for spouses who are experiencing an ongoing conflict, which might lead to divorce or separation. Conciliation Counseling helps spouses take time out to give thoughtful consideration to either reconcile or end a relationship.
Mediation is provided to parents with minor children, involved in disputes concerning divorce, legal separation, paternity or post-decree matters, with the goal of determining Legal Decision-Making and Parenting Time.
PARENT INFORMATION PROGRAM:
Pursuant to ARS §§25-352, both the Petitioner and the Respondent must attend and complete the Domestic Relations Education of Children's Issues Class (Parent Information Program).
Pursuant to ARS §§25-352: In an action for divorce, annulment, legal separation, paternity and in some post-decree actions involving a minor child common to both parties, parents are required to attend and complete a Domestic Relations Education of Children's Issues Class (Parent Information Program).
The Parent Information Program is not a parenting skills class. The purpose of the course is to educate parents about the impact of divorce and separation on children, the importance of continued involvement of both parents after family restructuring, as well as the effects that conflict and court involvement can have on the lives of children and families. The class will provide you with information that can help minimize the stress and harmful effects upon you and your children in what can be a very difficult time in your lives.
The course fee is $30.00. Each party must pay the fee to the Clerk of the Superior Court before registering for and completing the class. You may apply for a waiver or deferral of the class fee at the Clerk of the Court.
If you are filing a petition or response to a petition, the course fee will be included in your filing fee. Ask the Clerk to be sure it is included.
- Pay Online: You may pay by clicking on the following link:
Please allow 24 hours for payment to process.
- Pay in Person: You may pay in person at the Clerk of the Superior Court, 100 Quality Hill, Bisbee, Arizona or 100 Colonia de Salud, Sierra Vista, Arizona. Payment may be in cash, credit/debit card, money order or cashier’s check.
- Pay by Mail: Enclose a money order or cashier’s check for $30.00, payable to Clerk of the Superior Court.
- Write your court case number and “Parent Information Program Fee” on the money order or cashier’s check.
- Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope to have your receipt mailed to you.
- Mail to: Clerk of the Superior Court, PO Drawer CK, Bisbee, Arizona, 85603
You cannot register for or attend the class until the $30.00 fee is paid
- Internet: Click on the link below, which is available 24 hours/day:
- Phone: Call Monday thru Friday 8:30am - 4:30 pm (520) 432-8485.
If you need to reschedule a class after you have registered, please call (520) 432-8485.
To attend the Parent Information Program, per-registration is required. There is no walk-in registration at the class site.
- To register you must have a Superior Court case number.
- Payments will not be taken by the instructor.
- Bring to class a photo I.D., your Superior Court case number and a pen.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before class time. Once class starts, late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
- No children are allowed in the class or the lobby of the courthouse.
- Only those who have registered for the class may attend.
- No food or drink is allowed except for water.
- You must attend the entire class to receive a “Certificate of Completion.”
Classes are held on Saturdays at either the Bisbee Superior Courthouse at 100 Quality Hill, Bisbee, AZ 85603 or the Sierra Vista Superior Courthouse at 100 Colonia de Salud, Bldg. A., Sierra Vista, AZ 85635. Refer to the schedule below as to dates and locations for the upcoming classes.
**Please note: there must be at least 8 people registered for the class to proceed. If this minimum is not met, class will be cancelled, and you will receive a call notifying you of the cancellation.
Out of State/ Special Circumstances:
Cochise County Family Conciliation Court will only issue a “Certificate of Attendance” for the online/DVD Parent Information Program under special circumstances, such as residing out of state or medical conditions. For more information email us at: CochiseFCC@courts.az.gov
To register for online/DVD click below
**You must pay the $30.00 class fee before registering**
FCC will send you a link that will take you to the class for you to view online. You will also receive a copy of the “Video Quiz” and “Course Evaluation.” Once you finish watching the program please complete both items and return to: CochiseFCC@courts.az.gov
Once we have received both the quiz and the survey we will mail you a hard copy of your “Certificate of Attendance” and we will file the original with the Clerk of the Court.