COVID-19 Weekly Update – Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- To date, Cochise County has administered 35,758 COVID-19 vaccines to community members.
- In an effort to ensure Cochise community members who are 65 and older are still being prioritized in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, there will now be a closed POD event available to them.
- Cochise Health Department worked with ADHS to set aside appointments that are only available to people who are 65 and older. The ADHS hotline will be used to schedule those appointments.
- The closed POD event for 65 and older is meant to eliminate competition for residents who are 65 and older and still trying to schedule a vaccine appointment.
- On Saturday, March 13, Fry Fire District, along with involved community organizations, will host a POD vaccine event that includes Cochise community members who are 65 and older, 55 and older, and remaining Prioritized Phase 1B and 1A groups.
- Location: Buena High School (5225 E Buena School Blvd, Sierra Vista)
- Vaccine events within Cochise County continue to be available ONLY to Cochise residents and those who work in Cochise county.
In addition to these weekly updates, the Cochise Health and Services COVID-19 Response HUB continues to be a great resource for county-specific information.